| February sets a strong foundation with three critical trainings:
Click the links or see below for more details.
Free Class: Rebooting Harassment, Englewood & Webinar │ February 2, 2017
1:00pm to 2:30pm
This is an all-staff opportunity. Establish a clear understanding about the forms and consequences of harassment in the workplace. We will discuss:
- The prevalence of workplace harassment
- Risk factors for harassment
- Responses of employees and employers to harassment
- What can be done individually and collectively to end workplace harassment
Mental Health First Aid, Edwards │ February 7, 2017
8:00am to 5:00pm
Mental Health First Aid training is for everybody, especially people who have frequent contact with the general public, since they are the most likely to encounter people who are suffering from emotional health problems. This training will cover:
The tools you learn may help you to intervene when a person may be a danger to themselves or others. You'll be able to identify, prevent, or intervene early when mental health challenges occur, while promoting and enhancing recovery.
- Signs and symptoms of common mental health disorders and emergencies
- Signs and symptoms of substance abuse emergencies
- A five-step plan to connect people in crisis to support systems
- Myth busting and fact sharing about mental health and emotional challenges
- Non-judgmental communication and listening skills
- Local, state, and national behavioral health resources
Confined Space Entry, Denver │ February 9, 2017
8:00am to Noon
All professionals who enter crawlspaces, attics, tunnels, or wall cavities should plan to attend this comprehensive confined space entry course, which covers both the OSHA 1910 and 1926 standards.
OSHA defines a confined space as an area that has limited or restricted means for entry or exit, and is not designed for continuous occupancy. Students will learn to identify confined spaces, recognize hazards associated with confined spaces, how to control these hazards, and the specific roles/responsibilities set forth in the OSHA standard.
coming right up
Safe and Secure Environments: Construction, Design, and Implementation Denver & Webinar │ January 26, 2017
10:00am to 11:00am
Click here for full details and registration.
Interested in further training? Search events and register from the
chfareach class calendar.
Chfareach provides resources, education, and assistance for Colorado multifamily housing. Membership in chfareach is not required to attend trainings. Please call 303.297.7497 at any time for assistance with your registration.