coming soon! the return of chfa’s mortgage revenue bond program CHFA is reintroducing its tax-exempt Mortgage Revenue Bond (MRB) program via the CHFA FirstStepsm and CHFA FirstStep Plussm products. These loan products offer qualified borrowers another great opportunity to achieve affordable homeownership with CHFA. Because these loans are intended to be financed via tax-exempt MRBs, the requirements and documents differ slightly from CHFA’s other government programs.
CHFA will begin accepting reservations for the CHFA FirstStep program on June 26, 2017.
- Available for purchase loans only
- Restricted to first time homebuyers, qualified veterans, and non-first time homebuyers purchasing in targeted areas
- Separate income and purchase price limits apply
- Program eligibility is subject to CHFA's household income calculation (see matrix for details)
- Only available for FHA 203(b) mortgage loans
- Minimum decision credit score for all scored borrowers of 620+; borrowers with no credit score permitted
- CHFA Second Mortgage available for assistance with down payment, closing costs, and prepaids
program matrix for complete program guidelines and information, and visit
our website to find training opportunities for these exciting new products.