CHFA eNews: Section 8
chfa enews - section 8
October 25, 2017

Important Notice: TRACS Submissions Require Active DUNS Number

Beginning December 1, 2017, all Tenant Rental Assistance Certification System (TRACS) voucher submissions must include Dun & Bradstreet’s (DB) Data Number System (DUNS) numbers.

Vouchers that do not contain an active DUNS number will generate a TRACS fatal error and will not receive payment until corrected.

Per HUD, an entity must obtain a DUNS number for each physical location to do business with the government. Entities must register/re-activate annually in the System for Award Management (SAM) to maintain an active state to be eligible to receive financial assistance. There is no charge to register or maintain your entity registration record in SAM.

Click here to view the HUD memorandum, which includes the steps to register/re-activate your inactive or expired DUNS number in SAM, as well as contact information for assistance.

Please contact your voucher processor with any questions.
Connect with CHFA!

Help us improve our website by taking a brief survey.